Shabbat Shalom: Friday Wrap-up (6/28/2013)
The Miami Heat celebrated its second consecutive championship this week. Thankfully, LeBron James’ head was not sliced off by low hanging bridges on the route. What are your thoughts about last night’s NBA Draft? Exciting class of rookies? This week on FORBES: (1) Are Executive Search Firms Worth The Cost To College Athletic Departments?; (2) Jay-Z Signs Kevin Durant To Roc Nation Sports. Rival Agents, Are You Not Entertained?; (3) Sports And Medicine Merged In Athletes’ Performance Partnership With Mayo Clinic; (4) OtterBox Throws Support Behind Mexican-Born NASCAR Driver; (5) New England Patriots Release Aaron Hernandez After Arrest, Say ‘Simply The Right Thing To Do’; and (6) NBA Draft Dreams To Become Reality For Seven Special Basketball Players. And as always, the weekly wrap-up:
- Concerning the rookie symposium [Beyond the Playbook for N.F.L. Rookies].
- Sheff has a resort, a cigar line and a sports agency [Guided by Sheffield, Journeyman Pitcher Is Now a Star].
- Defends his decision to hire father and cousin as agents [Draft Watch: Trey Burke takes trailblazing road to NBA Draft].
- Wasserman Media Group in charge [The World’s Most Valuable NBA Agencies].
- Analogized with Curt Flood [Current college athlete set to become face of Ed O’Bannon v. NCAA?].
- Creative Artists Agency with the top spot on the list [The World’s Most Valuable Sports Agencies].
- Looking at the value of a black man helping another black man.. [Commentary: Why Jay-Z the Sports Agent Is Good for the Industry].
- Athletes always want their names in lyrics [The Pros And Cons Of Hiring Jay-Z As A Player Agent].