Shabbat Shalom: Friday Wrap-up (7/12/2013)
Slow week of sports, but thank G-d for NBA TV, because watching the Summer League was actually slightly entertaining. One of my cases got quite a bit of publicity this week — click here for a brief synopsis. On FORBES: (1) Is Competitive Eating The Fastest Growing Sport In The World?; (2) Dwight Howard To Houston Heavily Influenced By Chandler Parsons; (3) Notably Absent American Presence At Wimbledon Calls Into Question The State Of Tennis In United States; (4) Jay-Z Bashes Agents Who Criticize His Ability To Represent Athletes; and (5) Trail Blazers Guard C.J. McCollum Interviews Incoming NBA Commissioner Adam Silver. And as always, the weekly wrap-up:
- As long as she is up for the challenge.. [Rams’ Tavon Austin: Mother will be financial ‘bad man’].
- CAA comes in at No. 1, representing almost $2.9 billion dollars in contracts [The World’s Most Valuable NFL Agencies].
- SFX and Boras dominating [2013 MLB All Star Agent List].
- Because happy contractual relationships tend to be rare these days [For the Lawyers Negotiating the Other Side of Andy Murray’s Sponsorship Deals].
- Federer with 10 endorsements [A Look at Tennis Endorsements].
- The Gators golfer has signed with Peter Webb of 1 Degree Management [Vogel to make professional debut at John Deere].
- Does the modern American dream look just like Beyonce’s husband? [Jay-Z looks ready to conquer the sports world with Roc Nation Agency]
- A very Whitlock column [Jay-Z has no business in sports].