Shabbat Shalom: Friday Wrap-up (8/23/2013)
Busy busy week. Prepping hard for a hearing on a preliminary injunction in a major trademark infringement case, picked up a new NFLPA grievance and there was that whole Dyron Dye situation I had to deal with. Thank G-d the weekend is here, although while I will be having a little fun, it will be filled with work. The deadline on my Sports Law treatise for the American Bar Association is also approaching. Fun times! On FORBES this week: (1) Want To Wear Your College Football Pride On Your Feet For A Few Hundred Dollars?; (2) Sharapova To Sugarpova: Why The Name Change Would Have Been A Silly Business Strategy; and (3) Notre Dame Tops Nation In College Football Ticket Prices. And as always, the weekly wrap-up:
- Formerly with Lagardere Unlimited [Laynce Nix Joins CAA Sports].
- Praver Shapiro a powerhouse in representing Latin American players [Abreu To Be Represented By Praver Shapiro].
- Hamm will play role of baseball agent [Jon Hamm Sports Drama ‘Million Dollar Arm’ Set for May 2014 Release].
- Weak in my opinion [Scott Boras On Jay Z: ‘When Your Agent Wears A Yankee Hat, How Seriously Are They Going To Take You?’].
- More on the feud [Choose a Side: Boras or Jay Z].
- Joel Segal on a mission [Tarell Brown hopes to get back some of lost $2M].
- Ben Sturner in a 16 minute video interview [Behind Sports Episode #7 Ben Sturner – Leverage Agency].