Shabbat Shalom: Friday Wrap-up (10/4/2013)
I survived Costa Rica, which I count as a major win. It was an absolute blast, but it is always nice to come home to a city that you love (Miami). Tough first loss for the Miami Dolphins this past Monday, and it will be interesting to see how they rebound against the Ravens. Basketball season is near; the Miami Heat host their first scrimmage open to the public this Sunday. You have to love this time of the year. This week on FORBES: (1) Is Alabama Vs. LSU Now A Bigger Rivalry Than Michigan Vs. Ohio State?; (2) Former NFL Kicker Matt Stover Finds Business Opportunity With Motion Analysis App; (3) The Presidents Cup’s Most Appealing Golfer Is Phil Mickelson; (4) Jay Z Credits Drug Dealer Past For Preparing Him As A Sports Agent; (5) Exclusive Licensee Of LeBron James And Kobe Bryant Tattoo Artwork Preps To Profit Off Of Images; and (6) 2014 Super Bowl In New York / New Jersey Shouldn’t Give Brands Cold Feet. And as always, the weekly wrap-up:
- 21-year-old working for basketball agent Merle Scott [University student doubles as pro sports agent].
- But suggests that 2022 World Cup should be moved away from Qatar [No Seat at Table for Soccer Players’ Union].
- Have to think agents are salivating [Florida’s Dominique Easley tears ACL, will enter 2014 NFL draft].
- For encouraging Greg Little to sign with Terry Watson [Former UNC tutor charged with violating sports agent laws].
- U.S. sanctions remain unchanged [Last Week the Cuban Government Allowed Its Citizens to Sign With Foreign Sports Teams But Under U.S. Sanctions Cuban Athletes Must Be Unblocked Before Any U.S. Transactions].
- Jeff Kessler wants Johnny Manziel to give him a ring [NFL Free-Agent Lawyer to Unlock $16 Billion in NCAA Athletes].
- Silver Lake is with WME and TPG is with CAA [Talent Agency IMG Said to Draw Silver Lake, TPG Offers].
- Many congrats to those named [The 10 NEXT Class of 2013].