What: Suffolk University Law School Symposium: Compensation, Commercialization, and Labor Issues in NCAA Div. I Sports
When: Thursday October 24, 2013 (6:00 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.)
Where: Suffolk University Law School (120 Tremont Street, Boston, MA 02108)
The discussion will focus several issues facing the NCAA, including potential compensation for student-athletes in revenue generating sports, the O’Bannon class action anti-trust lawsuit involving EA Sports, & the investigation into Heisman Trophy winner Johnny Manziel’s alleged acceptance of money for autographed memorabilia.
- Moderator: Brian McLaughlin, Vice President, Symmetry
- Jay W. Fee, Of Counsel, Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough, LLP; Adjunct Law Faculty, Suffolk University Law School
- Nancy H. Lyons, Senior Associate Athletic Director for Compliance/SWA, Boston University
- Lisa P. Masteralexis, Head of the Mark H. McCormack Department of Sport Management, Isenberg School of Management at University of Massachusetts, Amherst
- Warren K. Zola, Assistant Dean for Graduate Programs, Adjunct Faculty, Carroll School of Management at Boston College
Cost: Women in Sports and Events (WISE) Boston Members – $10; Professionals (Non-Members) – $40; Students (Non-Members) – $25. Register here.