Heading up to West Palm Beach this weekend to celebrate the wedding of one of my best friends. It will be another nice vacation, especially with the beautiful weather (not really) we have been experiencing in South Florida. This week on FORBES: (1) College Athletes Should Not Expect Stipends Because The Amateur Model Is More Important; (2) NBA Cares Week Returns With Heavy Dose Of Dikembe Mutombo And Emphasis On Social Media; (3) Elvis Dumervil’s Former Agent Suspended And Fined By NFL Players Association; (4) Performance Apparel Brand POINT 3 Basketball Raises Seven-Figures In Series A Investment Round; (5) Is The NFL Committing Copyright Infringement By Using Photos Without Consent? And as always, the weekly wrap-up:
- That dismal Giants record may not help matters much [Giants' Hakeem Nicks can use Victor Cruz as an example of what free agency could bring].
- Dye graduated 2nd in his law school class [Montgomery Quarterback Club: Sports agent Dye Jr. says integrity, honesty important].
- Probably the best post I’ve read by Bechta [The next CBA adjustments].
- This makes me happy [Cleodis Floyd can become NFL agent].
- Expansive deal with Major League Gaming [Relativity Media Moves Into Online Sports].
- What could happen if CAA wins bidding war for IMG Worldwide [Talent agency merger could strip top agents of power].
- Ray Schulte says he’s staying with the Dodgers [Agent: Don Mattingly will honor deal].
- Behind the scenes with Warren Alcock [Rugby's Jerry Maguire].