The winter months are supposed to bring a natural slowing down to business, but I cannot remember a time that I have ever been busier. Believe me, that is not a complaint. If the NFL season ended today, the Dolphins would make the playoffs … and Richie Incognito’s grievance hearing would still be stayed. Thanksgiving and Hanukkah are right around the corner. This is one of the best times of the year! Past week on FORBES: (1) Chicago Startup In Position To Revolutionize NFL Players’ Concussion Detection And Analysis; (2) Monday Night Football’s Matchup Of Tom Brady And Cam Newton Puts Under Armour Under Center; (3) Electronic Arts And Collegiate Licensing Company Sued By NCAA In What Could Be Much More Than A Sideshow; and (4) Bridgestone Arena Banking On Nashville Predators With Goal To Become No. 1 Venue.
- Does Cano simply not have that “It” factor? [Jay Z doesn’t turn Robinson Cano into an icon]
- Not much praise for the rapper/businessman [Jay-Z Showing His Amateur Stripes As A Sports Agent].
- Manning earns an estimated $13 million a year from endorsements [In the Zone With Peyton Manning].
- Marvin Austin, Greg Little and Robert Quinn [North Carolina distances itself from three ex-players].
- He participated in an alleged $18 million fraud [Former financial adviser for NFL players banned from industry by FINRA].
- Football agent carves a niche in representing lower-level players [Delco sports agent takes a different path to score].
- He handled $250 million in investments for the NBPA [Prim Capital founder pleads guilty to fraud scheme involving the NBA players union].
- Only one current NHL player defers part of his deal; about 10 current MLB players have deferral clauses [For pro athletes and teams, deferred compensation can have rewards].