I am heading up to New York City later today and will be up north for the entire weekend. It’s the most beautiful time to be in the City, so why not? It is with great joy that I announce Mark Burns will be contributing much more frequently on this site. Give him a follow; he’s quite the go-getter. The site is still going through a migration to a new server, and everything should be set straight by Monday (thank G-d). This past week on FORBES: (1) When Andrew Luck Is Not Quarterbacking The Indianapolis Colts He Is Designing Headphones; (2) Sports Law Practice Launched To Take Advantage Of 2022 FIFA World Cup And Other Middle Eastern Opportunities; (3) Five Former Kansas City Chiefs Players File Concussion Lawsuit Against Team; and (4) Sesame Street To Support Team USA In Partnership With US Olympic Committee. And as always, the Friday wrap-up:
- From ACES to The Legacy Agency [Melky Cabrera Switches To The Legacy Agency].
- Quite a bit of Adderall use [Major League Baseball releases its annual drug test report].
- $40,000 going price to sign a player…lovely business [Former NFL C LeCharles Bentley issues scathing message on agents].
- Love seeing positive press about the former agent [Myers has quickly put his stamp on Warriors].
- Using social media to pray on players [With World Cup 2014 just around the corner, young unsuspecting players are being warned of the presence of fake football agents, especially in Africa].
- That appears to be a nice chunk of change [Chelsea paid football agents £13.7 MILLION last year alone].