Shabbat Shalom: Friday Wrap-up (1/3/2014)
And so a new year begins. This website has now eclipsed 8 years of existence and is as strong as ever as it begins to pump out content in 2014. NFL Draft signings keep pouring in, and we thank all agents who have steadily been informing Sports Agent Blog of the players who have executed Standard Representation Agreements. I will be heading to the Orange Bowl tonight to cover some sports business-related topics and then hope to sit in front of the TV and catch some solid NFL Playoffs action (unfortunately my Miami Dolphins will not be found). This week on FORBES: (1) Nike In Clear Control Of NBA Sneaker Wars With Over 270 Players Endorsing Brand; (2) Miami Dolphins Lose On Field But Win With New Qualcomm Location-Driven Partnership; (3) The Biggest Sports Rivalry In 2014: Television Vs. Stadium; and (4) College Branded Sunglasses Company Counts Alabama And Oklahoma As Licensors. And as always, the weekly wrap-up:
- Also reps Bill Belichick, Bob Stoops, Bo Pelini… [Penn State Football: Neil Cornrich, The Agent Behind The Bill]
- He’s apparently the only agent that has played and scouted in the NFL [NFL sports agent and contract advisor Marc Lillibridge talks about how to make it to the top].
- Good advice for those football players thinking about leaving school [Agent’s Take: Inside the decision to turn pro early].
- No one will respect his move to drop the hyphen [Bridgewater may be headed to Jay-Z].
- Jack Bechta on mistakes made representing the wrong players [Scouts and Agents].
- The coveted trademark will not be registered to Manziel just yet [‘Johnny Football’ application delayed].
- Good luck Jigga Man [Jay Z Wants The Internet To Stop Talking About Geno Smith’s Hog].
- Now the focus shifts to Rory’s case against his former agents [Court sides with Nike against Oakley in McIlroy rift].