Less than a month until my birthday. I have a lot of goals to accomplish before next year’s birthday, so the clock is officially ticking. Starting to figure out all my plans for Super Bowl week — I will be up in New York from Wednesday, January 29 through Monday, February 3. Feel free to send along information for Super Bowl parties and events. I hope to see many of you out in the cold streets of NY and maybe even at the Super Bowl (you can bet I’ll be there if it is possible). This week on FORBES: (1) Clemson Vs. Ohio State Orange Bowl Was A Unique Experience For Some In Attendance; (2) Clemson QB Tajh Boyd Chooses His Agents For The NFL Draft; (3) The Quarterback Guru Behind Florida State’s Jameis Winston And Auburn’s Nick Marshall; (4) Johnny Manziel Ends Speculation And Signs With An Agent; and (5) Denver Broncos Obtain $112M In New Financing For Sports Authority Field At Mile High. And as always, the weekly wrap-up:
- Seems to be more about the union finding new source of fees than anything else [NFLPA financial advisor program fatally flawed].
- The Draft is going to be ugly for many [2014 NFL Draft: Underclassmen Tracker].
- Former equipment manager now represents the best coaches in college football [How Jimmy Sexton became college football’s most powerful agent].
- Nice comments about giving back and being a part of the community [David Sugarman; An inspiration to the Youth].
- The author wants fans to stop analyzing free agent contracts [MLB’s Billion Dollar TV Deals, Free Agency, And Why Robinson Cano’s Deal With The Mariners Isn’t “Crazy”].
- Portuguese agent for Cristiano Ronaldo [The Case of the Super Agent Jorge Mendes].
- Could the offer price go down? [Fuzzy math may help WME]