My forthcoming Sports Law book is now available for pre-order! I am up in New York City, where the weather is not so bad, but the traffic is horrendous. What else would you expect in one of the busiest towns in the world that just happens to be hosting (along with New Jersey) the Super Bowl? It has already been a week full of events, which will continue on through today and tomorrow. I am staying up here until Monday and then flying out to Los Angeles on Thursday for some meetings and to speak at Chapman Law. Hope you can make it if you’re in the area. This week on FORBES: (1) Ndamukong Suh Seems To Be Making More Questionable Choices; (2) Broncos Vs. Seahawks Super Bowl Tickets Becoming More Affordable By The Day; (3) 2014 Super Bowl To Serve As Special Celebration For Sports Agent Leigh Steinberg; (4) Gatorade’s Impact On The Super Bowl Goes Beyond A Fun Prop Bet; (5) Marshawn Lynch Talks Little But Tastes The Rainbow With Skittles Endorsement Deal; (6) Platform Gives Super Bowl Spectators Option Of Staying Home With A Panoramic, Multi-Layered View Of The Game; and (7) Verizon’s Super Bowl Scheme Is To Save $4 Million And Light Up The Sky. And as always, the wrap-up:
- Good look at agent selection process from someone not heavily recruited [For former South Pointe Stallion chasing NFL dream, agent selection crucial].
- By Theresa Therilus, a Harvard-educated lawyer [This Is What It’s Like to Be a Black Female NFL Agent].
- Did not know Leigh signed on to do a reality show [Leigh Steinberg: “Being Successful In The World Wasn’t Difficult, It Was Dealing With These Personal Things”].
- Bridgewater still hasn’t signed with an agent [Teddy Bridgewater’s Relationship With Abram Elam Is Refreshing].
- Major news this week was stated attempt by some college football players to unionize [Unionization may fail but not a failure].
- Former baseball player giving it a go as sports agent [The other Bogaerts brother: The journey of Jair Bogaerts].
- The closing line is classic [Ortiz grumbling about contract status].
- And thanks agent for making her rich [Li Na Wins Australian Open, Sasses Husband In Victory Speech].