Shabbat Shalom: Friday Wrap-up (2/7/2014)
I am in Orange County where later today I will be sitting on a Sports Law panel at Chapman Law School. I flew into Los Angeles yesterday, had a couple of very productive meetings and caught up with some friends I have not seen in some time. Then it is back to Miami early tomorrow morning (I am crazy and decided to book the red-eye), where I will be celebrating my birthday. Any guesses as to how old I am turning on Sunday? This week on FORBES: (1) 10 Super Bowl Spots Earning Brands The Most Value Prior To The Big Game; (2) Super Bowl Shuffle Lawsuit Filed By Former Members Of 1985 Super Bowl Champion Chicago Bears; (3) Why Seattle Seahawks QB Russell Wilson Is Represented By A Baseball Agent; (4) Denver Broncos Leading Seattle Seahawks In Jersey Sales Prior To Super Bowl XLVIII; (5) Mega Agency Athletes First Has Imprint All Over Super Bowl XLVIII; (6) Percy Harvin Satisfies Seattle Seahawks With A Sensational Super Bowl Performance; (7) With Online Gaming Legalized In N.J., Virgin, Others Building Virtual Boardwalk Empires; (8) Teddy Bridgewater Wraps Up 2014 NFL Draft Plans And Signs With A Sports Agent; (9) Russell Westbrook Adds Value To Underwear Brand During Time Away From The Court; and (10) Donald Trump Reopens The Blue Monster At Doral And Answers Questions About His Role In Golf. Gotta keep the lights on at Sports Agent Blog, so Sportsbook Review have real-timing NBA basketball prop bets. And the weekly wrap-up:
- At least 7 spots on the executive committee will change hands in March [NFLPA faces huge leadership turnover].
- Here’s the master list [Draft prospects invited to 2014 NFL Scouting Combine].
- Hey may have taken a shot at Kenny Zuckerman [Incognito complains about delayed Ted Wells report, takes shot at Martin’s agent].
- I love the quotes provided by Kelli Masters [As Players’ Agents, Women Face Extra Challenges].
- A-Rod’s response is due today [MLB Players Association asks judge to throw out Alex Rodriguez suit].
- Glad to provide some of my thoughts [Why Every Aspiring Sports or Entertainment Attorney Should Use Social Media].
- Shout out to Sports Agent Blog! [Exclusive Interview: Rand Getlin of Yahoo! Sports Discusses the Value of a Law Degree in Sports Journalism].
- Written by the International President of United Steelworkers [Northwestern University Football Players Form Their Own Team].