Shabbat Shalom from Key Largo, where we have managed to avoid some pretty bad storms brewing to the north. I will be heading back up to Miami later in the day and hopefully take some of the 2014 World Golf Championships at Doral during the weekend. Next weekend I am off to Dallas, where I will be attending my first ever Ultimate Fighting Championship event. This week on FORBES: (1) Student-Athletes May Wait A While For Answer On Unionization, But Gaining Ground No Matter The Outcome; (2) Jay Z Picks Former Florida Panthers Exec To Be President, Chief Of Branding And Strategy At Roc Nation; (3) Budweiser And FOX Sports Announce FIFA World Cup Documentary Series Campaign; and (4) Chandler Parsons Adds To Smart And Sexy Endorsement Portfolio With Sock Partnership. And as always, the weekly wrap-up:
- Lions say they aren’t in favor; behind closed doors are celebrating [Ndamukong Suh considering being his own agent].
- I like Kenny Zuckerman’s quote comparing a meal at Ruth’s Chris to Sizzler [As own agent, Lions’ Ndamukong Suh could set precedent for other player deals].
- Agent Peter Schaffer’s threats of litigation seem to have done the job [NFL reinstates Brandon Browner, but he may have to sit out more games].
- Over 15 past and present NFL players learning about consumer products biz [NFL Boot Camp: Players Learning the Business of Business].
- Collins calls Arn Tellem the best agent in the business [Nets officially re-sign Jason Collins to second 10-day deal].
- Led by Phoenix Suns’ guard P.J. Tucker [The NBA’s Most Underpaid Players].
- #OnToTheNextOne [Yasiel Puig Switches Representation].
This Shabbat Shalom: Friday Wrap-up is fueled by our friends at TopBettingReviews.com.