What: 2014 University of Toronto Sports And Business Association Sports Industry Conference
When: Wednesday, March 12th 2014
Where: University of Toronto, Desautels Hall – Rotman School of Management
Time: 10:00AM – 6:00PM
About: The University of Toronto Sports and Business Association presents the 3rd Annual Sports Industry Conference on March 12th, 2014. The Conference will discuss the growing sports business industry. More specifically, the Conference will discuss how sports-related organizations push beyond traditional approaches to more data-driven, analytical methods. The 2014 Sports Industry Conference, will provide a discussion of a number of areas within the sports business landscape that are being reshaped by this powerful shift.
- Michael Landsberg, Host of Off The Record
- Dwayne De Rosario, Toronto FC Striker
- Matt Mitchell, Professor at Rotman School
- Gurdeep Ahluwalia, The Sports Network Sportscentre Reporter and Anchor
- Richard Powers, Professor at Rotman School
Panel 1: Twitter And The New Age Of Fan Interaction
- David Hopkinson, MLSE Chief Commercial Officer
- Debora Silveira, Twitter Canada Senior Executive
- Keith Gordon, President of NFL Players Inc.
- James Duthie, The Sports Network Host
Panel 2: Trust The Data?
- Alex Rucker, Toronto Raptors Senior Analytics Consultant
- Rob Shaw, Bloomberg Sports Vice President of Content/Media
- Reid Mitchell, Toronto Maple Leafs Director of Hockey and Scouting
- Timothy Chan, Professor at University of Toronto
Panel 3: Branding the New Age
- Matt Maccarone, Nike Canada National Sports Marketing Manager
- Greg Wood, Ultimate Fighting Championship Head of Marketing and Partnerships
- Corey Friesen, Under Armour Director of Marketing
- Bruce Popko, Buffalo Bills Senior Vice President of Business Development
For more information, visit here.