Shabbat Shalom: Friday Wrap-Up (3/14/2014)
I am heading to Dallas, Texas later today and will be taking in my first-ever Ultimate Fighting Championship event this Saturday. The UFC 171 will feature Johny Hendricks vs. Robbie Lawler for the welterweight title. Next Wednesday, I leave for Las Vegas for my annual retreat to enjoy the start of March Madness. My entire bag will be filled with orange and blue apparel. In the South Florida area? Come check out a sports business networking event I am helping organize later this month. This week on FORBES: (1) PGA Tour Golfer Matt Kuchar Chasing Cadillac Championship With Heavy Support From Sponsor Grey Goose; (2) Paige Hathaway Provides Some Competition For Jen Selter In Expanding Fitness Model Classification; (3) Jay Z Has 99 Problems, But Is Being A Sports Agent One?; (4) Chicago Blackhawks Tickets Rise For 2nd Half Of NHL Season While Anaheim Ducks Prices Sink; and (5) Major Storm Brewing Between Fantasy Sports Giants: FanDuel Vs. DraftKings. And as always, the weekly wrap-up:
- Mike Swenson, newest hire by Octagon Football [From getting cut to cutting deals – back surgery put former Oakdale player on new career path].
- New York Jets cap manager provides some insight [Inside the mind of the cap manager].
- On former basketball agent Bob Myers [Warrior through and through].
- Really nice article…thank you [Sports, entertainment attorney expands industry presence with sports law book].
- I don’t think they’re fond of my writing [Jay Z’s Sports Agent Competitors Suggest He Uses Unethical Practices].