It’s Great To Be A Florida Gator. I was in Gainesville the last time the Gators men’s basketball team won a couple of championships, and I remember the joy I felt watching that team destroy the competition. It may be more gratifying watching this year’s team, albeit many miles away, which is undoubtedly less talented on an individual basis, but amazing to see compete as a team. Hopefully it is an easy win and then on to the Final Four in Dallas. Last night was a lot of fun (and hence why the wrap-up is coming to you a little late). There was a huge celebration for the release of my new book in conjunction with a fantastic sports business networking event. It felt good to be a sports business-related practitioner based in Miami. This week on FORBES: (1) DraftKings Responds To FanDuel’s Fantasy Sports False Advertising Claim; and (2) Northwestern Football Union Decision Should Mark The End Of The Student-Athlete. Also a contribution on STACK: How Northwestern Football Players’ Right to Unionize Could Change College Sports. And as always, the weekly wrap-up:
- A former Sports Agent Blog Interview With The Agent subject [NFL Agent Marlon Sullivan Charged In Murder Plot, Tied To Leland Yee, Raymond Chow].
- I’m more concerned about health and safety than an ever-expanding TV package [Is Mark Cuban Right About the NFL Being 10 Years From Implosion?].
- Was seeking a $1.3 million fee after Beltran left the agent right before signing a new deal [Scott Boras loses in grievance against Beltran].
- But was there a violation of the Collective Bargaining Agreement? [MLBPA and George Springer’s agent may file grievance over service time issues with Astros]
- Great list to follow as the NBA Draft approaches [DraftExpress – 2014 NBA Draft Early Entry List].
- Say hello to Kobe Inc. [Kobe Bryant Invests Millions In Sports Drink BodyArmor].
- Still shocked by Belzer’s beautiful words [Sports Industry Mogul Darren Heitner Teaches Us How To Play The Game]
- Clothing designer wants $7 million+ [Jay-Z ordered to give deposition in Roc-A-Fella logo lawsuit].