Had a fantastic time at the Sports Law for Rookies and Veterans event held in Miami, FL yesterday. Great discussions on every panel, and I very much enjoyed sitting along with extremely qualified colleagues on the “Locker Rooms & Employment Law” panel. Sports Agent Blog also served as a proud sponsor of the event. Richie Incognito and the Northwestern University football team unionization effort kept us occupied for over an hour. Next weekend I am off to Las Vegas to see a client. This is a rare weekend that I will remain in sunny South FL. On FORBES: (1) Second Sports PR Summit To Join PR Executives With National Media Members; (2) Vault-Like Services Could Be Next Fantasy Sports Success Stories; (3) NBA’s Social Media Activity Soars In Connection With NBA Cares Campaign; (4) Vernon Davis IPO Set To Change The Way We Value Sports; (5) Can Online Poker Become The New King Of New York?; and (6) Northwestern Football Union Vote Is A Winner, Even If It Fails. And as always, the weekly wrap-up:
- Really in-depth, interesting story about Yasiel Puig [No One Walks Off The Island].
- CAA is no longer in the picture for The King [LeBron James Signs with WME for Hollywood Projects (Exclusive)].
- Leigh Steinberg continues traveling the country on his book tour [Legendary sports agent visits public relations department].
- As always, Andrew Brandt on point [Being an Agent is About More Than Showing Players the Money].
- This is getting ugly for Marlon Sullivan [Bay Area sports agent charged with murder-for-hire plot denied bail].