NBA Finals, NHL Finals, U.S. Open, FIFA World Cup . . . the only thing missing is professional football, but even that is on the horizon. I wish all fathers out there reading Sports Agent Blog a very happy Father’s Day. I hear How to Play the Game is a great gift for the holiday. Showing some love to World Cup betting. This week on FORBES: (1) Trainer Todd Pletcher Enters Belmont Stakes As The King Of Horses; (2) FanDuel Provides Financial Information And Projects $40 Million In Revenue In 2014; (3) NCAA Settles Electronic Arts Video Game Lawsuit For $20 Million; (4) Golf Mobile App Is First To Provide Free USGA Compliant Handicap; (5) Will World Cup Translate Into Gains For U.S. Soccer?; and (6) The State Of The Golf Industry Going Into The U.S. Open. And as always, the weekly wrap-up:
- Long-term contracts looking more like year-to-year deals [Colin Kaepernick’s contract not what it looks like].
- The top 10 picks in each year’s draft long for the old CBA [For top NFL rookies, wage scale tips way out of their favor].
- This is so ludicrous [Agents descend on Baylor for speed-dating sessions].
- 18 months in jail for trying to steal millions in NBPA money [Advisor Of NBA Player Union Sent To Prison For Faking Contract].
- James Grant Sports represents 5 Americans [An inside look at World Cup 2014 sports agents].
- Amongst the advice: read Sports Agent Blog [First Post: 3 Pieces of Advice to Prospective Sports Agents].
- Earned $105 million during past 12 months [Floyd Mayweather Heads 2014 List Of The World's Highest-Paid Athletes].