Shabbat Shalom: Friday Wrap-up (7/11/2014)
I’m heading to Old Palm Golf Club in Palm Beach Gardens today with my trusty law clerk, because one must always have a decent golf game in order to properly practice law. On Monday, it is off to Ireland where I will be for a week. It is shaping to be a pretty decent summer. Meanwhile, the new HEITNER LEGAL is off to a fantastic start. We have been able to solve many problems for a variety of clients. Let us know if we can ever help you. This week on FORBES: (1) Jimmy Graham Should Be Infuriated By Tight End Franchise Tag; (2) World Cup: Adidas Is All In With Argentina And Germany; (3) LeBron James’ Agent Is Just Doing His Job; (4) Fantasy Football Channel Coming To DirecTV; (5) Fairness Of NFL Concussion Settlement Still To Be Tested; (6) Andrew Wiggins’ Creative Adidas Contract Includes Opt Out Provision; and (7) Data Driven Baseball Insights Platform Has All-Star Potential. And as always, the weekly wrap-up:
- Looking into role some agents may have played in Biogenesis scandal [MLBPA conducting investigation].
- Refusing to pay for training could cross you off the list [NFL Agent ABCs (re: training fees)]
- Will never forget the McGahee cell phone trick [Drew Rosenhaus’ Cell Phone].
- Yes [Does an agent really matter?].
- Yeah, that could be an issue [P.J. Hairston’s agent is not certified — and that’s a problem]
- The cost couldn’t be justified [Sneakernomics: What Happened To The Big NBA Rookie Shoe Contracts?]
- The William Morris Endeavor acquisition already being questioned [IMG’s Bombs Begin To Explode].