Quick trip to Los Angeles, but I’m back in Miami for the rest of the week. August 9 is my half-birthday. People celebrate that, right? At the end of next week I will be traveling to Detroit to moderate a NASCAR panel. I’ve never been to Detroit, so I’m looking forward to the trip. This week on FORBES: (1) Johnny Manziel Shows Off Marketing Muscle With New Endorsement Deal; (2) Jon Jones, Daniel Cormier Brawl Bruises UFC’s Educational Crusade; (3) Baseball Agency Blows Up Standard Agent Commission Model; (4) The Battle Of Online Vs. Land-Based Casinos. And as always, the weekly wrap-up:
- Maybe they should try using Tinder [USC tries new approach with players speed-dating NFL agents].
- More on that speed dating stuff [Leigh Steinberg Blog: An Inside Look at USC’s Agent Day].
- Probably [Is Ndamukong Suh's goal to be highest-paid defensive player in NFL?].
- Arn Tellem’s been part of it for years [Joel Embiid Joins Seeds of Peace for Basketball Camp].
- Hate this [NBA Superstars Mission to Israel . . . Cancelled].
- Natalie Mikolich includes my comments [How to Play the Game - the PR Game - When It Comes to Celebrity Athlete Media Interviews & Features].
- The spotlight definitely remains on Roc Nation Sports [Inside Jay Z’s mysterious Roc Nation Sports agency].