Vote For Agency/NFL Business Panel At South By Southwest Conference
SXSW, Inc. executes a series of annual conferences, with one of those being South by Southwest (SXSW) in Austin, Texas. SXSW has now been broken down into film, interactive and music conferences. SXSW Interactive 2015, which consistently focuses on emerging technologies, is allowing the SXSW community the opportunity to select future panels.
One such panel to vote on for SXSW Interactive is, ‘The Business of Preparing Potential NFL Draftees.’ The panel would feature Sports lllustrated Senior Writer, Andy Staples, along with Mark Verstegen, Founder of elite performance company, EXOS. Additionally, a former first round NFL Draft pick and an NFL Certified Contract Advisor would join Staples and Verstegen.
According to SXSW, the panel would discuss the competition to sign players to train at a specific performance company, how training facilities are utilizing new technologies with their athletes and what role an agent plays with his or her client at this point in their life.
Below are just a few of the questions that panelists would answer in March…
1) What happens behind the scenes in preparing future NFL draftees to perform at their best for the NFL Combine, Pro Days, and individual workouts?
2) What are the business drivers to the individual athlete, athlete’s family, agent, and performance training organizations in the NFL Combine & Draft process?
3) Beyond the 40 yard dash, what other areas of performance are being fine tuned with the athletes mindset, nutrition programming, physical movements, and recovery techniques to prepare the potential NFL Draftee for the biggest job interview of their life?
4) What are the advances in wearable technology, personalized nutrition, and innovative approaches to ethically press the limits of performance in preparing each athlete to be at their best?
5) How are these breakthroughs in performance used with elite athletes being applied to the general population to address some of the health challenges we face?
If you’re interested in hearing about the sports agency industry, performance training and emerging fitness technologies, vote for this panel here.