Shabbat Shalom: Friday Wrap-up (9/12/2014)
Ray Rice. What a mess all around. But football goes on, and thank G-d for that. Won both of my Week 1 match-ups in fantasy. Hoping for similar results in Week 2. I also would not mind a similar performance out of my Miami Dolphins and new running back Knowshon Moreno. This week on FORBES: (1) Armonty Bryant Sustains Two Losses: To Pittsburgh Steelers And Former Agent; (2) Will The NFL’s Indefinite Suspension Of Ray Rice Survive Scrutiny?; (3) Legalized Online Gambling Stays On Hold In California; (4) Terry Pegula Should Have To Sell Sports Agency To Buy The Bills; (5) RantSports Releases Fan Stats Social Mobile Sports App; (6) Ray Rice Discipline Brings To Light Poorly Drafted NFL Collective Bargaining Agreement.
And as always, the weekly wrap-up:
- CAA at the top spot, followed by Rosenhaus Sports and Athletes First [The World’s Most Valuable NFL Agencies].
- Joins Lance Armstrong and Michael Vick as athletes who lost their deals with Nike [Ray Rice no longer with Nike, Madden].
- Jon Beason is very well spoken in this interview [Why This NY Giants Linebacker Negotiated His Own Contract].
- Craig Kelly wants the AFL to be audited [Sports Agent Blasts Australian Football League’s ‘Public Service-Style Bureaucracy’].
- In case you’re not tired of me yet [An Interview With Attorney Darren Heitner on How to Build a Successful Business].
- Their niche is representing college and pro coaches [How two Birmingham attorneys found their niche in the sports agent world].
- Leigh says that 90% of people who enter the field quickly exit it [Leigh Steinberg Giving Advice To Inspiring Sports Agents].