Rosh Hashanah behind us and we get to look forward to Yom Kippur starting tonight (oh joy!). To those of you observing, I wish you an easy fast. Looks like the NFL Draft is moving to Chicago in 2015. It’s been a busy first three months for South Florida-based HEITNER LEGAL, and the work is not subsiding. That is not me complaining. Very happy and honored to serve as legal counsel to many amazing clients. This week on FORBES: (1) Nike Earns RE2PECT For Derek Jeter Marketing Campaign; (2) Veteran Football Agent Leaves Athletes First To Start Vanguard Sports Group; (3) Adidas Expands UFC Presence With Luke Rockhold Partnership; (4) AEG Lobbies For More Time To Bring NFL To Los Angeles; (5) ESPN Agrees To Broadcast New FXFL Professional Football League; and (6) Sports Media Outlet Flocasts Secures $8 Million From Causeway Media Partners. And as always, the weekly wrap-up:
- Players leaving agents . . . par for the course [Agency Notes: A.J. Pollock, Carlos Correa].
- He definitely has a trusted brand [Jeter Inc.: What’s next for Derek?].
- Dan Lozano’s empire taking a beating? [Three agents plus top prospects Taveras, Martinez, others bolt MVP]
- Derek Jeter has a new website, and Russell Wilson is Senior Editor [Let’s Talk About Domestic Violence].
- I was once there, wondering whether I should call it quits on being an agent [Knowing when to quit].