Shabbat Shalom: Friday Wrap-up (10/10/2014)
Hello from sunny Gainesville, Florida. I promise myself that I will take at least one trip to my alma mater (undergrad and law) per year. This weekend is it. The Florida Gators take on LSU Saturday night, which I predict will be a low scoring, defensive match-up. Hopefully my Gators come away with a victory. This week on FORBES: (1) Early FanDuel Investor Excitingly Forecasts Future Of Daily Fantasy Sports; (2) Finally An Alabama-Ole Miss Meeting That Actually Matters; (3) Jim McMahon And Jeremy Roenick Team Up To Create Concussion Awareness Organization; (4) WNBA Superstar Skylar Diggins Becomes BODYARMOR Endorser; and (5) NBC Sports Expands Presence In Daily Fantasy With RotoGrinders Partnership. And as always, the weekly wrap-up:
- Bechta says the majority of NFL orgs are dysfunctional [5 things I’ve learned as an NFL agent].
- It started on Monday…finally [HGH testing finally begins in NFL].
- Ray Allen’s agent Jim Tanner took to Twitter [Allen’s agent shoots down Cavs rumors].
- Players gonna get paid. Especially those who signed 2-year deals [With the NBA’s new broadcasting deal, the players now have all the power].
- Signed a reported $80 million deal without an agent [Making sense of Vettel’s bombshell – and why Alonso is now in no man’s land].
- I was interviewed (along with other sports professionals) to talk about life as a sports-related practitioner [Career In Sports].