Well I officially dismiss football from everything in my life. The Florida Gators and Miami Dolphins proved their inability to win when it matters and choked in the final seconds of their respective games. What is the cure? Hopefully a weekend of golfing will help. This week on FORBES: (1) Sports-Specific Crowdfunding Concept Created For Athletes And Charities; (2) Dominant DeMarco Murray Doesn’t Crack Top 50 Player Sales List; (3) Report: Brett Hundley To Sign With Roc Nation Sports; (4) Lakers Start 2014-15 NBA Season As Second Hottest Ticket; (5) FanDuel Increases Yearly Revenue Projection To $50 Million; and (6) New England Patriots Partner With DraftKings. And as always, the weekly wrap-up:
- Ben Sturner’s agency lands a nice client [NFL Alumni Association Appoints Leverage Agency as Sponsorship Agency of Record].
- Agents do not like these headlines [Mike Williams: Agent asked for trade, not me; I want to be a Bill].
- Turns out to be marketing gold for Beats by Dre [NFL Bose Deal Provides Jordan Boost to Competitor Beats].
- Paid a $2 million buyout instead [Rangers decline $14 million option on outfielder Alex Rios].
- No. 1 spot goes to Wasserman [The World’s Most Valuable NBA Agencies].
- Of course his agent is going to say that [‘Greatest ever’ Ronaldo is worth €1bn – Mendes].
- Meanwhile TPG Capital is trying to get majority stake in the company [Will CAA Become First Agency to Go Public?].