Happy New Year and Shabbat Shalom! Sports Agent Blog is now officially nine years old and does not feel a day older than three. Thanks to all of you who have stuck by and continued to read our content over the years. We have some new contributors coming on board and will continue to pump out articles that you hopefully enjoy and choose to share. Great college football as of late and a bowl game coming up for my Florida Gators tomorrow. This week on FORBES: (1) Are College Football Bowl Game Naming Rights Deals Providing A Real Return On Investment?; (2) College Football Playoff Can’t Seem To Receive Trademark Registration; (3) New Football Agency Signs South Carolina Players Including A.J. Cann; and (4) Adult Entertainment Company Vivid Partners With Fantasy Sports Platform. And as always, the weekly wrap-up:
- The attorneys may have to withdraw from the case [Report: Aaron Hernandez is running out of money to pay his lawyers].
- Conflict of interest? [Jets contacted Rex Ryan’s agent about replacements for him]
- Tyron Smith’s contract is pretty terrible [The NFL’s Best and Worst Business Decisions].
- Andy Murray’s deal is 4-years in length [Andy Announces Deal With Under Armour].
- Has no idea how he landed Harbaugh as a client [A Chat With Jim Harbaugh’s Lawyer: Weil Gotshal’s Jeff Klein].
- Law firm Boies, Schiller & Flexner [UFC hires high-profile attorneys to defend antitrust lawsuit].