Shabbat Shalom: Friday Wrap-up (2/20/2015)
Shalom ladies and gentlemen! My text has been absent from this website, but that does not mean I have not been keeping a close watch of all happenings. First of all, a major thanks goes out to Cameron Chung, who has been leading the charge at Sports Agent Blog, pumping out content and leading the other contributors. Those contributors, including D’Bria Bradshaw, Chris Lesley, Zach Seybert, Steven Swick, Colt Sells and others have been instrumental in Sports Agent Blog‘s recent growth. Thanks to each and every one of them. The site is nearing a total of 5 million unique visits since its creation on December 31, 2005 and has almost made it to 10 million page views. That means my final thanks is to you for either coming to this website for the first time or being a repeat visitor. This week on FORBES: (1) Sparkling ICE And Kevin Durant Take Over New York For NBA All-Star Week; (2) Startup Sports Agency Sending Six Clients To NFL Combine; (3) The Economics Of A Top NFL Combine Training Facility; and (4) ESPN’s Partnership With Fidelity Investments Ties Wall Street With Sports Trade Deadlines. And as always, the weekly wrap-up:
- A nice piece on my friend Buddy Baker [Behind the scenes with Indy sports agent before NFL Scouting Combine].
- Said the most important skill he could pass on is “psychology” [Legendary sports agent Leigh Steinberg speaks at USC].
- No shortage of teams would be interested in him [Agent’s Take: Why Peyton has leverage if Broncos ask for pay cut].
- Jay Z is a certified MLBPA agent…still not sure this is news [Jay Z reportedly thought David Wells was Curt Schilling at ‘SNL 40’].
- One of my mentors coming to town to talk about leadership [Sports agent Molly Fletcher to keynote executive women’s day at Honda Classic].
- You don’t mess with Alabama [State Rep. Jack Williams to chair Alabama Athlete Agents Commission].