University Of Florida Levin College Of Law 2015 Sports Law Symposium
What: University of Florida Levin College of Law 2015 Sports Law Symposium
Where: Martin H. Levin Advocacy Center at the University of Florida Levin College of Law, 2500 SW 2nd Ave, Gainesville, FL 32611
When: Friday, March 27, 2015 from 9am-5pm (Registration begins at 8:30am)
CLE Credits: Each Florida Bar Certified Attorney will receive 6.5 ethics and 6.5 general credits for attending the entire Symposium. Attorneys seeking credit must sign in at the registration desk. Following the Symposium, attorneys will receive an e-mail with a reference number to receive their credits. These credits are at no charge for attendees.
Description: This Sports Law Symposium will focus on ethical and legal decision-making and will be composed of an opening speaker, four panel sessions, and a keynote speaker.
Rand Getlin (Opening Address)(9:10-9:50am)
Getlin is a University of Southern California educated attorney and the NFL Insider for Yahoo Sports in Los Angeles, CA. He is a regular on-air contributor on CBS Sports Net and has appeared nationally on CBS, ABC, MSNBC and NBCSN.
Erik Burkhardt (Keynote Speaker)(1:20-2:25pm)
Burkhardt represents some of the top NFL players, including Johnny Manziel (Cleveland Browns), Andy Dalton (Cincinnati Bengals), Jordy Nelson (Green Bay Packers), T.Y. Hilton (Indianapolis Colts), Jerod Mayo (New England Patriots), Danny Amendola (New England Patriots), and Datone Jones (Green Bay Packers). Select Sports Group has been named the 10th most valuable sports agency by FORBES with an estimated $340.14 million in contracts under management.
1) General Counsel (10:00-11:05am) – Panel members include:
- Justin Moore (Moderator), Founder, CEO, President of Tampa Chapter, Florida Sports Law Association (FSLA) and Associate Attorney, Shutts & Bowen LLP (Tampa, FL)
- Ana-Klara Anderson, Associate Counsel, Golf Channel and Attorney for NBC Sports Group (Orlando, FL)
- Nyea Sturman, General Counsel, Orlando Magic (Orlando, FL)
- Zachary Daniel, Corporate Counsel, NASCAR, Inc. (Daytona Beach, FL)
- Robert Fountain, Associate Counsel, Minor League Baseball (St. Peterburg, FL)
2) Amateurism and NCAA Compliance (11:15-12:20pm) – Panel members include:
- Gabriel Feldman (Moderator), Associate Professor, Tulane Law School and Director, Tulane Sports Law Program (New Orleans, LA)
- Sathya Gosselin, Trial Counsel for Plaintiffs in the landmark O’Bannon v. NCAA litigation and Partner, Hausfeld LLP (Washington, D.C.)
- Lynda Tealer, Executive Associate Athletic Director, University of Florida (Gainesville, FL)
- David Hansen, Senior Associate Athletics Director, Internal Operations, University of Central Florida (Orlando, FL)
- Jim Curry, Associate Athletics Director for Compliance, Florida State University (Tallahassee, FL)
3) Sports Representation (2:35-3:40pm) – Panel members include:
- Cory Dorfman (Moderator), Coaches, Front Office, and Sports Broadcasters Division, Creative Artists Agency (CAA) (Gainesville, FL)
- Erik Burkhardt, NFLPA Certified Agent, Select Sports Group (Dallas, TX)
- Rand Getlin, NFL Insider for Yahoo Sports (Los Angeles, CA)
- Darren Heitner*, Founder and Managing Attorney, HEITNER LEGAL (Miami, FL)
4) Sports Gambling and Fantasy Sports (3:50-4:55pm) – Panel members include:
- Darren Heitner* (Moderator), Founder and Managing Attorney, HEITNER LEGAL (Miami, FL)
- Gabriel Feldman, Associate Professor, Tulane Law School and Director, Tulane Sports Law Program (New Orleans, LA)
- Ryan Rodenberg, Assistant Professor of Forensic Sports Law Analytics, Florida State University (Tallahassee, FL)
- Daniel Wallach, Shareholder and Attorney, Becker & Poliacoff, P.A. (Ft. Lauderdale)
For more information about registration please contact Joshua Corriveau at email@example.com.
For more information about the symposium and its speakers click here.
To stay up to date with the symposium you can follow @UFla_LawEASLS on Twitter.
*SportsAgentBlog.com’s very own, Darren Heitner will be present and serve as both a panel member and moderator during the symposium.