We are one week away from the “Fight of the Century” with Mayweather vs. Pacquiao on May 2nd. In the spirit of the delayed ticket sales for the fight, our Shabbat Shalom series was also delayed to today. There’s plenty of sporting events over the next week including the NFL Draft this Thursday. Prior to the start of the draft, check out our list of the top 150 prospects and their agents. Here are Darren’s posts from this week on FORBES: (1) J.J. Watt Leaves Agent Ben Dogra, Who Also Represents Adrian Peterson; (2) EXOS Earns NSF Certification — Important For Athletes Subject To Drug Testing; (3) Seattle Seahawks Players, Led By Russell Wilson, Power Retail Sales For NFLPI Licensees; (4) Fantasy Sports Leagues Not Illegal In Kansas According To State’s Attorney General. And, as always, the weekly wrap-up.
- Owner Herb Kohl purchased the Bucks in 1985 for $18 million [Report: Sale of Milwaukee Bucks for record $550 million agreed upon, team to stay in Milwaukee]
- Gone in 60 seconds [Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Tickets Sell Out in 60 Seconds]
- An in-depth look at NFL agent Joe Linta [No Ordinary Agent]
- One step closer to bringing the NFL to Los Angeles [Southern California city approves plan for Raiders – Chargers stadium]
- Great read on the contracts of 1st round draft picks [Agent’s Take: The hidden economics in the 1st round of the NFL Draft]
- A positive sign for NFL teams undergoing stadium renovations [Dolphins sell out all 32 ‘living rooms’ in renovated stadium]