My not so bold pick to win the NBA Championship, the Golden State Warriors, is still looking pretty good with the Conference Finals underway. Out in the East, JR Smith’s unbelievable performance in game 1, in addition to the NBA Draft Lottery, was yet another reminder life won’t get any easier for me as a New York Knicks fan. Darren looked at some numbers behind the NBA Draft Lottery this week on FORBES: (1) The Economics Of Polo, The Sport Of Kings; (2) Miami Marlins Let Go Of Manager Mike Redmond After Multi-Year Extension; (3) Ladies European Tour Takes Edgy Approach To Growth Of Golf; (4) 2015 NBA Draft Lottery: By The Numbers.
- The NBA players involved includes Boris Diaw, Nicolas Batum, and Ian Mahimmi [Star Athletes to Make Movies With France’s Les Enfants Terribles (EXCLUSIVES)]
- Some contracts reported by agents are not always accurate of what their clients will actually be paid [Guaranteed Money in NFL Reporting Doesn’t Mean What It Used To Mean]
- As Darren mentioned, this is a part of the CBA the players negotiated [Goodell Won’t Remove Himself From Brady Appeal, NFL.com says]
- Add another team, and stadium, to the Los Angeles market [Expansion L.A. soccer team plans new stadium on Sports Arena site]
- In the words of Andrew Brandt, “There will be lawyers…” [Fan streaming apps have sports world debating TV rights]