Shabbat Shalom: Friday Wrap-up (1/8/2016)
We are right in the thick of signing season for NFLPA certified Contract Advisors. The announcements of signings keep pouring in. Our incredible contributors at Sports Agent Blog will continue to highlight some of the more notable pairings; we are keeping track of all signings in the background and will provide our master list as always. Additionally, those interested in becoming certified with the NFLPA should be proactive and apply this month, as it is the only month of the year that the union accepts applications. For certified Contract Advisors, Heitner Legal has handled many grievances and is counsel in one currently pending. Feel free to reach out to us for more information. The big news on my Forbes column this week is Mark Cuban’s investment in a daily fantasy sports product. And here are some sports business/agent stories of the week:
- Ben Dogra, agent of many notable NFL players, suspended 3 years and fined $200k [Agent Discipline Committee Revokes Ben Dogra’s Certification, Issues Fine].
- OK cornerback Zack Sanchez has signed with Ken Sarnoff [Orange Bowl loss stings, but optimism fuels Sooners’ future].
- Coprich is rep’d by Chris Martin of OTG Sports Management [Versatile Illinois State runner Marshaun Coprich taking Darren Sproles-like game to NFL].
- Low point of Steinberg’s career was watching struggles of QB Ryan Leaf [Off the Grid: Two views of Concussion, a Q&A with Leigh Steinberg and more].
- Pablo is tight with Salvador Perez who also made the switch to BHSC [Pablo Sandoval Joins Beverly Hills Sports Council].
- Octagon hockey agent Allan Walsh released a statement about his client [Speculating a Trade for Jonathan Drouin: Would it Make Sense for The Red Wings?].