Shabbat Shalom: Friday Wrap-up (1/15/2016)
Another very busy week is in the books. I began teaching a Sports Law class at the University of Florida’s graduate program, worked non-stop on Heitner Legal matters and signed Miami Dolphins safety Reshad Jones as a client to Dynasty Dealings.I am looking forward to exploring what types of off-field opportunities we can help negotiate for Jones. Kudos goes out to the fine contributors at Sports Agent Blog who have been working their butts off to cover many of the agent/player signings concerning the 2016 NFL Draft. Also, congrats to those agents who have signed the Standard Representation Agreements. As always, check me out on Forbes and Inc. Now for some stories you may have missed:
- Yee discussed this on The Doug Gottlieb Show [Don Yee: College Football Players Should Be Paid].
- Leigh Steinberg says, “Bottom line economics, it’s a no-brainer” [Real-Life ‘Jerry Maguire’ Talks NFL’s Los Angeles Return].
- In case you’re craving an early mock draft [2016 NFL Mock Draft: Ezekiel Elliott Rising, Robert Nkemdiche Falling].
- Roc Nation signs Miguel Sano [Twitter].
- Longtime NBA agent has joined with his son to expand into football representation [Has NBA agent Keith Glass lost his mind? You decide].
- Baron Davis’ agent says he’s coming to the D-League [Twitter].
- Agents love to manipulate the media [Newcastle United transfers: Magpies have held fresh talks with Andros Townsend’s agent].