The trip from Fort Lauderdale to Eugene, Oregon is painful, but it was a joy to provide a Keynote Speech to the many law students interested in Sports and Entertainment Law. Thanks goes out to the whole crew for putting on a fantastic event. Then came the Super Bowl and all of its wonders. And then came my birthday. I’m an old man at 31 years of age. I started this website when I was a baby — 20 years old. We’ve come a long way. Next week I’m at the University of Pennsylvania to speak on fantasy sports, which always seems to have something to speak about. Catch me on Forbes and Inc. Here are some stories from the past week.
- Hard for an agent when players are taking to Instagram to report contract issues [Matt Forte confirms that Bears will not re-sign him this offseason].
- Doug Hendrickson won’t forget the 9 year journey . . . that’s for sure [Agent confirms Marshawn Lynch’s retirement].
- Today is the 5th day of waiver period, with big implications for Demaryius Thomas [Agent’s Take: 18 key NFL offseason dates and notable contract deadlines].
- Canadian currency is “Monopoly money” [The Agent X Guide to NBA All-Star Weekend].
- Warren LaGarie wants Bobby Jackson canned [George Karl’s agent lobbied for Kings broadcaster to be fired].
- That’s a lot of money . . . [Agent had Spencer Haywood turn down 10 percent ownership stake in Nike].