The dead of Summer has not hit South Florida. After over two years in business, we could not be busier at Heitner Legal. Quick shout out to Inside The League, a publication I love, for getting on board as a partner of Sports Agent Blog. I thought it was funny that the Daily Mail decided to cite my tweet calling out Miko Grimes (NFL defensive back Brent Grimes’ wife) for being disgusting after her commentary containing a reference to Jews. Off to Orlando tomorrow morning for a high school buddy’s wedding. Then back to the grind in (sometimes) sunny South Florida.
This week on Forbes:
(1) This Week In Sports Law: A Messi Situation, Pete Rose Rips Accuser, Donald Sterling Stiffs Lawyers;
(2) Why WME-IMG Led $4 Billion Bid For UFC;
(3) Adidas Springs A Lawsuit On Skechers For Patent Infringement; and
(4) Tom Brady Stuck With 4-Game Suspension After Federal Court Declines To Hear Case.
This week on Inc:
(1) How a Chance Meeting With Flo Rida Launched This Licensing Agency;
(2) How This Company Mastered Productivity With 2-Hour Breaks, $1 Lunches, and Midday Workouts; and
(3) How Amanda Lee Earns $5,000 Per Instagram Post.
And as always, the weekly wrap-up:
- Gary Sheffield says it wasn’t the money that drew him to becoming an agent . . . he gets satisfaction out of making sure good players get what they deserve [Where I’m Coming From].
- Paul Kinzer says Encarnacion thought mid-season negotiations were a distraction last time and that he’s not content and happy [Encarnacion’s agent explains why extension talks with the Blue Jays are on hold].
- Scott Boras was vocal in explaining the decision [Matt Harvey to have surgery to address thoracic outlet syndrome].
- Rob Roche said Tucker is “disillusioned” with the process right now [Agent: Justin Tucker won’t re-sign if he plays on tag].
- Alexei Dementiev claims “all the answers are in the Bruins office” [KHOKHLACHEV’S AGENT: ASK BRUINS WHY HE NEVER GOT A SHOT AT AN NHL JOB].
- Above The Law interviews ESPN’s and MMQB’s Andrew Brandt [The View From Up North: Meet Andrew Brandt — NFL Exec, Player Agent, Sports Business Analyst].