Shabbat Shalom: Friday Wrap-up (8/19/2016)
Back home in Fort Lauderdale this week and it was hard to keep up with what was happening in the sports world with all the catching up and new business at Heitner Legal. I suppose that’s a good thing. I had been away for roughly 10 days, first in Seattle and then on a 7 day Alaska cruise. The highlight of the trip had to be canoeing 2 miles and then hiking up Mendenhall Glacier. It is definitely a trip that everyone should do once. But I’m not sure that I will be returning to Alaska any time soon.
This week on Inc: (1) Usain Bolt Boasting Should Not Overshadow His Will; and (2) Is Hard Rock Stadium a Strange Naming Rights Deal?
And as always, the weekly wrap-up:
- It all started with a former OU player asking Masters to assist her with setting up his foundation [Kelli Masters’ cool sports job: NFL player agent].
- Two issues: whether there should be offsets and payment schedule for signing bonus [Agent’s Take: Making sense of the ongoing case of Joey Bosa vs. the Chargers].
- A look at the Rosenhaus Sports Representation Training Camp survival package for players [NFL Perks: Training Camp Swag for Scooby and Gronk].
- Cornette served as Director of Basketball Recruiting at Priority Sports & Entertainment [Former Butler standout Joel Cornette dies at 35].
- Borris’ company represents fighter Nate Diaz [Sports agent Jeff Borris explains why he’s attempting to start a UFC fighters union].
- Purchased by European soccer agent Mino Raiola [Al Capone’s Miami Beach villa sells to sports agent].