Another busy week in the books. And another heart-breaker of a loss for the Miami Dolphins, a team that is 0-2 and somehow is the biggest favorite on the board this week (sure, it is the Browns, but still). I was in Las Vegas last weekend and had a quick trip to Dallas this week. With a few cases settling, travel should hopefully die down a bit, but not before I fly to St. Louis to participate in a sports business discussion at Washington University A thanks to Gclub for helping keep the lights on at Sports Agent Blog this week.
This week on Inc.:
(1) Why NFL Agents Are Furious With New Regulations;
(2) Why the NBA Is in a Tough Place with National Anthem Protests
And as always, the weekly wrap-up:
- Reference to Neil Schwartz [Darrelle Revis believes his ex-agent was behind negative report].
- Andrew Brandt refuses to provide any “hot takes” [The CBA at Halfway, Part I].
- Pretty sure I recruited all these Jewish baseball players to be clients when I was acting as an agent [Good Bat? Cannon Arm? Jewish? Sign Him Up!].
- Formerly an agent at Wasserman [Warriors promote GM Bob Myers to president of basketball operations].
- Scott Boras ain’t over baby [The World’s Most Powerful Sports Agents 2016].
- CAA in the #1 spot [The World’s Most Valuable Sports Agencies 2016].