Being back in Gainesville last weekend was a joy, especially with a Gators football win. Let’s see if they can pull off the unthinkable with wins against LSU, FSU and then maybe even Alabama? Heading to Louie CK tonight, a big charity event Saturday night, friend’s wedding on Sunday and then off to Mexico City on Monday for the special Monday Night Football game between the Oakland Raiders and Houston Texans. No rest. No rest at all. Until Thanksgiving . . . maybe. Quick shout to Virgin Casino for keeping the lights on over here.
This week on Forbes:
(1) This Week In Sports Law: Chargers And Rangers Stadium Financing, Sports Betting Brief, Penn State;
(2) Conor McGregor Is Ready To Fill Football Stadiums;
(3) Alshon Jeffery Suspension May Cost More Than $3.435 Million; and
(4) Multi-Million Dollar Big Data Deal Paves The Way For Esports Betting.
This week on Inc.: Why People Are Paying $1,500 for a Yoga Mat
And as always, the weekly wrap-up:
- Case is against Florida sports agent Bartolo Hernandez [Yoenis Cespedes on witness list in trial against agent accused of smuggling Cuban players to the U.S.].
- Ralph Cindrich will no longer rep NFL players [Twitter].
- NFL agent Michael Swenson moves from Octagon to Independent Sports and Entertainment [Twitter].
- Heartfelt piece from his agent Sean Kiernan [Quentin Groves: You Should Have Known Him Like I Did].
- In-depth piece on the co-heads of WME-IMG [Superagents Patrick Whitesell And Ari Emanuel Are Building The Future Of Hollywood].
- The co-president of WME-IMG [Meet Mark Shapiro, WME-IMG’s Storyteller-In-Chief].