Shabbat Shalom: Friday Wrap-up (12/9/2016)
Shabbat Shalom from Las Vegas, where I’m celebrating an important birthday of one of my best friends. I feel like I need a residence out here; I find myself in the desert no less than five times per year. It was a rough week in football for me. The Gators got dominated. The Dolphins got destroyed. And I did not make the playoffs in either of my two fantasy football leagues (neither of which had a cheap buy-in). Oh well. There’s always next year! Quick thanks to Play Luck Free 4000+ Slots for keeping the lights on this week.
This week on Forbes:
(1) This Week In Sports Law: Mike McQueary $5 Million, Darren Sharper Sentence, Johnny Manziel Bar Brawl;
(2) Under Armour Inks First Pro Sports League Uniform Deal; and
(3) Vegas Golden Knights Start 0-1 With Intellectual Property Protection
This week on Inc.:
(1) Bobby Kotick Is the King of E-Sports in 2016; and
(2) How Tim Grover’s Teachings Helped a Business Consultant Find Success
And as always, the weekly wrap-up:
- Veteran agent Leigh Steinberg describes part of the process of communicating with college players [How To Be A Great Sports Agent–Signing Prospects Part I].
- Sam Bradford currently at 91.7% playtime; needs at least 90% for $3.25 bonus [Agent’s Take: 10 NFL players chasing big bonuses in 2016’s final stretch].
- Aaron Hernandez plans to call his former sports agent as a witness in murder trial [Twitter]
- McDowell has signed with Rosenhaus Sports Representation [Report: Michigan State’s Malik McDowell declares for NFL Draft, signs with agent].
- Bauman previously served as SVP and general counsel for ISE Basketball [DAVID BAUMAN NAMED GENERAL COUNSEL FOR ISE’S SPORTS AGENCY DIVISION].
- Dana Hooper will teach the Spring 2017 course [Greenberg Traurig Attorney and Professional Sports Agent to Teach Sports Law & Business at Arizona State University].