It is hard to say goodbye to longtime contributor Chris Lesley; his contributions from Australia will surely be missed. But like many before him who have written at Sports Agent Blog and since departed, I wish him my absolute best and will do whatever I can to help him follow his passions. Tough turn of events for my Miami Dolphins this past week, between being demolished by the Pittsburgh Steelers and then losing our defensive coordinator to the Denver Broncos. He took a less-than-mediocre defensive roster and somehow helped the Dolphins make the playoffs. The NFL agent signings keep pouring in with more players declaring for the 2017 NFL Draft and deciding on their representatives. As always, we will highlight the player/agent pairings as the NFL Draft approaches. Finally, thanks to Super Bowl Sportsbooks for keeping the lights on this week.
This week on Forbes:
(1) This Week In Sports Law: $27.5M To Tyrod Taylor?, Adam Jones Arrested, Diamondbacks Lawsuit;
(2) Why $2.1 Million Was Invested In A Sports News Subscription Site; and
(3) George Karl Wins Case Against Former Agent Over $10,000 Monthly Stipend.
And as always, the weekly wrap-up:
- Famous for “The Million Dollar Arm” [L.V. sports agent J.B. Bernstein shifts focus to football with ‘The Million Dollar Kick’].
- Don Yee is working on a 4-team pro league for players either directly from high school, or up to fewer than 4 years removed from high school [TOM BRADY’S AGENT IS STARTING A PRO FOOTBALL LEAGUE FOR COLLEGE-AGE PLAYERS].
- More on Yee’s project, PAC PRO [Could this pro football league help fix a nagging NFL draft problem?].
- NFL agent David Canter was busy tweeting during the horrible incident at FLL [Sports agent Tweets from plane outside Florida airport shooting scene].
- Drew Rosenhaus as rep [Barnett signs with big-name agent].