After a bunch of travel, it was a week in Fort Lauderdale. But a very busy one. And the weekend won’t be relaxing either, with a trial beginning Monday morning. But Happy Cinco de Mayo! And happy Kentucky Derby weekend!
This week on Forbes:
(1) 2017 NFL Draft: 1st Round By The Numbers;
(2) This Week In Sports Law: Bucks Dancer Lawsuit, Aaron Hernandez Estate, Gareon Conley Accusation;
(3) Why NFL Draft Prospects Should Look At Bowl Games As Business Decisions; and
(4) 17 NBA Teams Buy In For Startup NBA 2K Esports League.
This week on Inc.: What Challenges Await a Jeb Bush-Derek Jeter Baseball Team?
And as always, the weekly wrap-up:
- Christian Dawkins at ASM Sports was allegedly using an NBA player’s Uber account and racked up $42,000 in charges [NBPA memo: Agency employee terminated after unauthorized use of player’s credit card].
- Kelli Masters answers a bunch of questions about being a sports agent [Episode 048 – Sports Agent Kelli Masters]
- Scott Boras says congressional legislation is needed [MLB sports agent wants Congress to crack down on racist taunts].
- Agent Bartolo Hernandez was convicted after a six-week trial [New trial sought in Cuban baseball player smuggling case].