I have only 10 sleeps left in my current home in Fort Lauderdale until I move from Victoria Park to the isles off Las Olas. It has always been a dream of mine to live on the water, and soon, at 32-years-old, I get to turn that dream into a reality. I had no idea that I would have taken the path that I have in my professional life. As many of you know, I originally was set on being a sports agent. But I think I have found my calling, assisting hundreds of clients as their lawyer and starting my own law firm. I’m going to stay hungry, passionate, energetic and driven to create success for me and my growing family, which includes all of my clients.
Shout out to these betting websites for keeping the lights on around here this week.
This week on Forbes:
(1) This Week In Sports Law: Miami Marlins Seizure, Detroit Pistons Financing, Ohio State Lawsuit;
(2) The WWE Is Exploring Overseas Opportunities For Further Revenue Growth;
(3) Resorts Casino Hotel Becomes First In New Jersey To Offer Daily Fantasy Sports;
(4) Over $2.1 Million Raised For New Virtual Reality And Esports Cryptocurrency;
(5) Blue Star Sports Completes Whopping 18th Acquisition Since 2016
And as always, the weekly wrap-up:
- Really strong 75-minute interview between Rosenhaus and Florio [PFT Live podcast has extended conversation with Drew Rosenhaus].
- Uncommon for a player to have his agent present him with the Hall of Fame intro [How Terrell Davis chose his agent Neil Schwartz to become his HOF presenter].
- Former sports agent Joel Corry states surprise that Elway may potentially be a lame duck [John Elway yet to sign contract extension with Broncos].
- Agent Joe Panos was a first-team All-Big Ten selection at Wisconsin [Badgers football: Montee Ball, Joe Panos and Duke Ellington join Camp Randall 100].
- The camp was created by the late Albert Elias [Local football camp returns to area for 10th year].
- John Tortorella’s agent Neil Glasberg is looking to cash in after client gets Coach of the Year honors [Agent: Tortorella deserves to be among top-paid coaches].
- Falcao’s agent Jorge Mendes distances himself by saying neither he nor his agency handles any of his clients’ tax affairs [Monaco striker Radamel Falcao pays €8.2m in tax case – reports]