The Miami Dolphins signed Jay Cutler and the QB is reunited with his former coach. It’s probably not the optimal situation, but it was a nice quick fix after seeing Ryan Tannehill go down. Maybe it saves the season? After one preseason game, it is a bit too tough to tell. Life is getting back to normal as I settle in to my new home and various cases start reaching the point of settlement. Meanwhile, I need to find more time to get back to writing the second edition of How to Play the Game. I believe my deadline is some time in October, which only gives me a couple more months to get focused on writing these pages that are not going to write themselves. At one point in time the words were flowing, but once I had to start packing, moving and then unpacking, everything came to a quick halt. Maybe I can earn back some of that focus when my fiancee goes on her bachelorette party in Playa del Carmen in a few weeks…
Big thanks to Cameron Chung who was a long-time Assistant Editor at Sports Agent Blog. Despite being a graduate of Florida State University, he was an amazing asset to the site, always grinding and making sure that there was new, fresh content for you to consume. He will be missed as he goes on to focus on other pursuits, and may write an article here-and-there in the future.
Gonna send a quick thanks to Bonus and Promotional Offers for helping us keep on the lights around here this week.
This week on Forbes:
(1) This Week In Sports Law: Jason Taylor Divorce Drama, Charles Oakley’s Charges, Miami FC’s Fight;
(2) Business Is Booming For The Leaders In Drone Racing;
(3) Capital One To Spend $100 Million Over 10 Years In Sports Naming Rights Deal;
(4) Roc Nation Sports Begins Packaging Its Players For Group Endorsement Deals;
(5) Cloud9 Founder And LA Rams Owner Buy In To Overwatch League
And as always, the weekly wrap-up of Sports Biz links:
- I honestly had no clue Jason Glushon is only 32-years-old [The Young NBA Agent Behind $100 Million Deals In Back-To-Back Summers].
- Agent Ron Waxman said that New England Revolution General Manager Michael Burns is “terrible,” which is an interesting strategy for an agent [MLS agent: Revolution GM is “terrible”].
- It’s that show that you continuously say sucks but watch anyway because, sports [HBO’s ‘Ballers’ gets renewed for fourth season].
- I just like this one because I’m not a legitimate media source [Dolphins close to Cutler deal?].
- Baseball is apparently also a possibility [Manziel would consider coaching].
- Heatley was suing Stacey McAlpine and his parents [Former Senators forward Dany Heatley wins major lawsuit over former agent].