As Hurricane Irma makes its way through the Caribbean Islands and approaches the State of Florida, potentially affecting other states as well, I hope and pray that everyone is safe and that the worst of damage is to properties, and not anyone’s health. Please make sure that you have taken any and all precautions as this very scary storm makes its way to the U.S. Take pictures of the inside and outside of your home to limit the defenses an insurer may have against paying for your potential loss. While I hate that the Miami Dolphins will miss a Week 1 game and that I probably will not be able to watch any NFL football at all this weekend, sports is a nice distraction from real world events, but it is not nearly as important as making sure people are safe and healthy. If there’s anything I can do to help anyone in need, please let me know.
Quick thanks to Norsk-casino.info, a popular Norwegian gambling site that offers the best online casino bonus in Norway. Hopefully the lights stay on as long as possible with Irma on its way!
This week on Forbes:
(1) Ezekiel Elliott Files Lawsuit Against NFL To Invalidate Suspension;
(2) This Week In Sports Law: Ezekiel Elliott Lawsuit, NFLPA Exec’s Easy Road, Vontaze Burfict Suspension;
(3) How This CEO Turned His Company Into A Top Poker Destination;
(4) Facebook Pushes Further Into Esports With Paladins Partnership;
(5) Why A Daily Fantasy Sports Company Paid High Six-Figures For Draft.com
And as always, the weekly wrap-up:
- “His last name being Butt is a huge asset” – agent Jeff Weiner [How NFL tight end Jake Butt found a natural sponsorship: Charmin].
- Andrew Brandt discusses how initial investment means a lot with how long a player can hold on to his job [Funny to remember now how close Eagles came to casting their lot with Nick Foles].
- Brady’s agent Don Yee denies that Brady had a concussion last year [Tom Brady Concussion Investigation Finds No Wrongdoing or Proof of Injury to QB].
- Myers recalls when Steph Curry didn’t even want to work out for the Warriors [Warriors news: Bob Myers says he never heard Stephen Curry say he didn’t want to be a Warrior].
- Concerning the Lakers tampering charge after GM Rob Pelinka spoke with George’s agent Aaron Mintz [Pacers owner says he will not sue Lakers or NBA over Paul George ordeal].
- Reddish has already been taking meetings with agent Rich Paul [Duke continues basketball recruiting roll with pledge from top five prospect Cameron Reddish].
- Pat Brisson getting in the middle of the story [Is the Matt Duchene situation nearing a tipping point?].