Shana Tova! May you all have a very sweet, successful and satisfying New Year. So far so good on my end. That will especially be the case if Comcast finally gets my Internet and cable working again after a very long time without it thanks to the effects of Hurricane Irma. Comcast says it will be back by the end of the day, but who knows with that company. Miami Dolphins at the top of the AFC East, as all of you predicted. Picked up the team’s defense in my fantasy leagues this year, because . . . the Jets. Miami Heat picked up a jersey patch sponsor in Ultimate Software, which is a very reputable name down here in South Florida and elsewhere. The publicly traded company has had quite the impressive growth in the past few years. Finally, no more travel for me for a little bit (hopefully), which will be nice. Then it picks up again at the end of October.
And as always, the weekly wrap-up:
- Matt Stafford bringing in more than $52 million in 2017 [The NFL’s Highest-Paid Players 2017].
- Drew Rosenhaus says it’s a private matter and won’t discuss it [Timmons suspended ‘indefinitely’ by NFL Dolphins].
- After estimated taxes, agent fees and 401k, Steph Curry’s net is about $15 million [How much the NBA’s biggest stars actually earn].
- Durant called his agent Rich Kleiman panicking from China [Kevin Durant to agent after leaving OKC: ‘Why the f— did you let me do this to my life?’].
- One of the agents is Darren Gee, who will join the basketball division in New Jersey [CAA Promotes Four to Agents and Executives].
- Rick Thurman says Lincecum is keeping in shape.. [Where have you gone, Tim Lincecum? In search of beloved Giants ace].
- William G. Horn plead guilty to making false statements on federal tax returns for The Tommie Harris Foundation [Oklahoma sports agent pleads guilty to federal tax charges].