Well I guess my Saturdays have opened up a bit, as the Florida Gators have had a few rough weeks, making it virtually impossible for the team to have any chance to represent the SEC East at the Championship Game. But the Dolphins were quite the surprise this past week, putting together an amazing comeback against the Atlanta Falcons. There is hope in South Florida. Less hope for the basketball team after starting the season with a tough loss against the Orlando Magic. All-in-all, this is a great time for sports, with so much happening at once. I’m considering going to Turkey at the end of this month. With all the political drama and issues with Visas I’m wondering if anyone has insight, one way or the other, on whether I should even venture to travel over there. Having second thoughts. For those overseas and in jurisdictions where it is legal, check out www.toals.com for your online betting desires.
This week on Forbes:
(1) Court Of Appeals: Ezekiel Elliott Filed Lawsuit Too Soon;
(2) Why A Poker Site Will Start Accepting Over 60 Forms Of Cryptocurrencies;
(3) This Week In Sports Law: Dallas Cowboys Labor Dispute, Chicago Cubs Foul Ball, Jemele Hill Suspended;
(4) Milwaukee Bucks Want Naming Rights Sponsor At $7-10 Million Per Year;
(5) Here Come The Big Baller Brand Emojis For Start Of NBA Season
(6) How The Miami Heat Hopes To Cut Down On Restroom And Food Wait Times
(7) This App Is The Peloton For Running, Removing Boredom From Treadmills
And as always, the weekly wrap-up:
- Says Christian Dawkins had no involvement [Jaylen Johnson’s mother says agent was not involved in her son’s Louisville recruitment].
- Mark Bartelstein says it’s unlikely Gordon returns this season [Gordon Hayward reportedly has surgery, unlikely to return for season].
- Happy Walters says both sides worked hard to reach a pre-deadline agreement [Agent points to Boston Celtics after Marcus Smart extension talks fizzle].
- I guess Adams doesn’t need an agent? [Warriors assistant Ron Adams commands NBA’s respect]
- Now represented by his brother Janis [Kristaps Porzingis stars in Kobe-Bryant-created BodyArmor ad — ‘Obsession Is Natural’].
- Drew Rosenhaus says player protests shouldn’t be viewed as a negative [The NFL ratings drop is worth it for the players’ right to protest, says a top sports agent].
- “When I say that this is what a player deserves, it comes with a great deal of credibility” [Sports Industry’s Highest-Grossing Agent Drew Rosenhaus On Rise To Success & What Comes Next].