I made it back from a week trip to Turkey for the Turkish Airlines Open and I am still quite jetlagged. I’m also currently in Costa Rica, where I’m celebrating my bachelor party with 11 of my closest friends. I don’t think I have any more trips planned (other than business) before the end of the year, and then I’m off to South Africa for my honeymoon. Business at Heitner Legal is still going very strong and we are becoming more and more of the go-to law firm for sports work it seems every single day. I’m in the process of doing edits for the 2nd Edition of How to Play the Game: What Every Sports Attorney Needs to Know. Not the most enjoyable process in the world, but I’ll be thrilled to have my 2nd book published in 2018.
This week on Forbes:
(1) What Makes Southern Turkey Such An Attractive Destination For Golf;
(2) Why VCs May Be Climbing Aboard The ICO Train;
(3) This Week In Sports Law: Ezekiel Elliot Plays Again, Under Armour’s Preemptive Suit, Agent Sentenced;
(4) Prince Amukamara Heavily Invests In Opendorse’s $3.5 Million Round;
(5) Esports Media Company NXTAKE Completes Merger With FNTSY Sports Network
(6) Jack In The Box Becomes 1st Overwatch League Jersey Sponsor
(7) Adidas Q3 2017 Results Reveal 31% Growth In North America
And as always, the weekly wrap-up:
- Christian Dawkins among the 8 people indicted [Louisville basketball scandal: Adidas executive, sports agent among 8 indicted].
- Talks about how Joe Lacob hired Bob Myers as general manager based on potential, not experience [HOW MONEYBALL TACTICS BUILT A BASKETBALL JUGGERNAUT].
- Power-hitting Japan League star has hired Nez Balelo of CAA Sports [Shohei Otani hires agent with ‘every intention’ of move to MLB for 2018, report says].
- Agent Bryce Diixon says so [Johnny Cueto won’t opt out of contract, will remain with Giants].
- Says that Boston is an unlikely choice for Giancarlo Stanton and that the Red Sox have not reached out to his agent Joel Wolfe [Peter Gammons: After due celebration, Alex Cora will quickly refocus on Boston].
- Don Yee may have had a big role in pushing Garoppolo to 49ers instead of Browns [Sashi Brown hints that Patriots steered Jimmy Garoppolo trade].