I made it back from Costa Rica in one piece, but barely. In fact, I was lucky to come home when I did, as a 6.5 earthquake hit around where I was staying right after we departed to come back home. Overall, it was a great trip. But as always, it’s good to be back. This week was full of catching up on work and also dealing with the ramifications of tweeting out some interesting information on the Florida Gators head football coach search. If you have time and want some enjoyment, have a gander at my mentions. Who knew that some of my own Gators brethren could be so harsh!
This week on Inc.: Why Game Developers May Be Interested in the Blockchain
And as always, the weekly wrap-up:
- Includes agent Christian Dawkins and adidas executive Jim Gatto [Eight men indicted in college basketball scandal enter ‘not guilty’ pleas in New York].
- Hundreds of hours of secretly taped phone calls [Feds have troves of taped phone calls in NCAA corruption scandal].
- An unsealed indictment states that Pitino allegedly agreed to call adidas exec Gatto to request that money be transferred to family of Brian Bowen [Pitino lawyer: Coach did not know about payments to recruits or their families].
- Matt Beyer, the only licensed foreign sports agent in China, is determined to find the next Marbury [China’s uphill search for the next Stephon Marbury].
- He said the Mets “have all the materials to live in the palatial estate of Playoff-Ville . . . the question is, when do they choose to begin construction?” [Scott Boras chides Mets for not spending to live in ‘Playoff-Ville’]
- Pujols’ cousin has appealed the dismissal of his defamation case [Albert Pujols relative pushing defamation suit against former Cardinals player and his wife].
- His agent said that the decision was made after a “practical assessment of the current legal landscape” [Cowboys’ Elliott Drops Appeal, Will Serve Rest of 6-Game Ban].