It’s been another wild week in the world of Florida Gators football rumors and reporting and I have again been in the thick of it. A couple things people sometimes forget: (1) I bleed orange and blue, and love my alma mater; and (2) I am not a sports agent. It’s pretty annoying that people really fail to grasp the second prong. I represent many sports agents; it would be a conflict for me to also serve in such a capacity. Also, in sports, the Dolphins continue to make me cry. Moving on. It’s less than a month until I tie the knot and get married. Pretty crazy, but I’m very excited. Then, I’m off to Africa in the beginning of January for my honeymoon, which will be part relaxing in Cape Town and part safari. I’m getting hungry just looking at some of the restaurant reservations we are making and it’s a little more than a month away!
This week on Forbes:
(1) This Week In Sports Law: NFL Against Jerry Jones, Ezekiel Elliott Ends Suit, MLB Speed Of Play;
(2) 76ers Start Selling Beef Pies With Signing Of First International Partner;
(3) League Of Legends New Partnership Model, With Warriors, Cavaliers And Rockets Teams
And as always, the weekly wrap-up:
- More fallout from the ongoing college basketball federal investigation [University of Louisville men’s basketball team parts ways with Brian Bowen].
- In-depth piece on Andy Miller that mimics much of what I’ve heard about him over the years [Meet Andy Miller, the controversial agent tied to college hoops scandal].
- One of those awesome initial feelings for Adam Pensack [Brandon Paul’s inspirational journey to the NBA].
- His father is serving in a dual capacity as agent and dad [Father taught Pistons’ Tobias Harris to live with grateful heart].
- Wasserman owns a mega sports agency and has been a big influence in trying to bring Chip Kelly to UCLA [Casey Wasserman helps lead UCLA search for new football coach].
- Jimmy Gould said that Terry was like a son to him [Terry Glenn’s agent issues statement on death].
- He told his agent Blake Baratz, but his wife talked him out of it [Adrian Clayborn considered retiring before season].