Shalom from Montego Bay, Jamaica, where I’ll be hanging out until Sunday. Then, it’s back to Fort Lauderdale for a week, some holiday parties, followed by real prep mode for the December 23 wedding. And a big Shabbat Shalom to my brothers and sisters in Israel, who finally had a foreign power in the U.S. recognize their position that Jerusalem is their capital. In my mind, it was well overdue, especially with prior U.S. presidents promising it but never delivering on it.
This week on Forbes:
(1) A Startup Sportsbook’s Big Bet On Creation Of Its Own Cryptocurrency;
(2) This Week In Sports Law: Rick Pitino Sues Louisville, Harsh NFL Suspensions, Ole Miss Bowl Ban;
(3) With Team USA Out Of World Cup, Anheuser-Busch Will Push Estrella Jalisco Brand;
(4) Demand Soars For Orange Bowl Tickets As Miami Hurricanes Return For 1st Time Since 2003;
(5) Trading Giancarlo Stanton Is Derek Jeter’s 1st True Test As Marlins CEO;
(6) What’s Next For NBA Players Like Kristaps Porzingis As Agent Andy Miller Decertifies;
(7) Ndamukong Suh’s Retirement Plan: Real Estate, Tech And Restaurants
And as always, the weekly wrap-up:
- Harrison Gaines will represent them [LaVar Ball: LiAngelo, LaMelo sign with agent, will play overseas].
- Pat Forde and Pete Thamel hit on Andy Miller renouncing his certification [NBA agent makes ‘unprecedented’ decision to walk away amidst college basketball scandal].
- Jordan hired Jeff Schwartz [Amid trade rumors, Clippers’ DeAndre Jordan hires agent].
- Remains sidelined [USC interviews De’Anthony Melton for second time in bribery case while he remains sidelined].
- Dan Wolken notes that Jimmy Sexton already reps 10 of 13 SEC head coaches [Twitter].
- Florida-based David Sloane faces a reduced fine of $25,740 [Agent contests Tennessee fine for violation of state law].
- Complaint states, “Venit, upon his first meeting Crews, viciously grabbed Crews’ penis and testicles so hard that it caused Crews immediate pain in a blatant and unprovoked sexual assault” [Terry Crews Sues WME and Agent Adam Venit Over Alleged Assault].
- Les Miles, Willie Taggard and Roy Williams are in support [Schools, coaches push for adoption of strengthened agent law].