It’s been a tough week for Miami sports fans, full of mixed emotions. Everyone is on a high after the Dolphins beat the New England Patriots on Monday night. However, the lows with the Marlins continue as the fire sale resumes with Stanton and other stars leaving for other franchises. Many are upset with Derek Jeter’s activity as new CEO and co-owner of the club as well as Major League Baseball for approving this new ownership over others. We will see how it all shakes out and whether anyone shows up to Marlins home games in 2018. Me? All I care about is showing up in Boca next Saturday for my wedding. Can’t believe the big day is already here.
This week on Forbes:
(1) Ndamukong Suh’s Retirement Plan: Real Estate, Tech And Restaurants;
(2) This Week In Sports Law: Russia Out Of Winter Olympics, Oklahoma RB Issue, Sports Betting Case;
(3) Why Greg Schiano May End Up Receiving Millions From Tennessee;
(4) Lil Wayne’s Sports Agency Acquires Competing Football Group
This week on Inc.:
(1) How to Mirror the Transactions of the Cryptocurrency Elite;
(2) What Harvard Is Doing to Help Educate NBA Players for Life After Basketball;
(3) How a Startup Seeks to Tap into Wisdom of the Crowd for Smart Investments;
(4) Mobile Esports Leader Raises $25 Million Series C Round and Aspires to Go Public
And as always, the weekly wrap-up:
- Joel Wolfe says Stanton would’ve considered a trade to Boston [Giancarlo Stanton’s Agent: Slugger Would Have Considered Red Sox Trade].
- Scott Boras says the ownership group should have been more carefully vetted [Agent Boras: Marlins turning into ‘pawn shop’ under Jeter].
- Says that David Elliott is disappointed that USC is “sort of turning their backs on him” [Attorney for man at center of bribery probe linked to USC player says his client denies wrongdoing].
- Apparently Jordan was between Jeff Schwartz and Rich Paul at one time .. chose Schwartz [DeAndre Jordan’s Decision to Hire Agent Has NBA Trying to Guess His Next Move].
- Clause in contract gives him a $500k bonus if he makes 90% or more of his field goals [Adam Vinatieri could lose out on $500,000 for trying to kick field goal in a blizzard].
- Fadde Mikhail, who reps Kenny Britt, took to Twitter [Agent of former Browns player rips Hue Jackson: ‘Another L for a part time HC’].
- Multi-year extension is expected to net Federer more than $20 million as a brand ambassador [Roger Federer Adds Millions To His Endorsement Earnings With Lindt Chocolate Extension].